View Single Post
      10-24-2020, 07:31 PM   #31
ThatKrazyPolak
Banned
Rep
Drives: 228xi (SOLD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avaley View Post
If one is going to state you are betting on this not doing well, i think you should put your money where your mouth is and short the stock if you so firmly believe it otherwise you are leaving money on the table.

isn't electrification exactly what every single german auto mfg is doing? like you think Porsche and BMW CEOs looked at the performance of TSLA stock and been like nahhhhh lets only spend R&D money on ICU engines....meanwhile i4m has been spotted, audi has an etron, porsche has a taycan and is planning to electrify the cayman?

clearly people just want to use this forum to bitch instead of analyze and have good discussions...

edit: to be clear...the germans are way behind imo but they will catch up on electrification and in a few years, will sell better electric cars than TSLA, this is my position and full disclosure I am long on TSLA, VWG and BMW.
Sure electrification is what they're doing, but there at least 2-3 years behind Tesla in terms of R&D, and that's coming right from the mouth of the VW CEO. They would need to catch up in terms of software development, autonomous driving capability, and battery research in a matter of 2-3 years, and that's IF Tesla stagnates.

I'm not saying they won't make cool cars, the cars will definitely be better than a Tesla. Taycan looks great, and the e-Tron concept looks really cool. But if Tesla can capture the 30-50K EV market and push reliability and battery longevity, where does that leave the Germans? They have their work cut out for them because not many people are looking at 100K Taycans. I would love to see a 50K German EV that's sporty, reliable, and fun to drive, but right now I don't see one.

I know that Northern San Francisco air can get to someone but take off the Silicon Valley hat for a second and think like an investor.

Last edited by ThatKrazyPolak; 10-24-2020 at 07:36 PM..
Appreciate 0