10-02-2021, 04:11 PM   #90
No one
Major
Rep
Drives: F21 118i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinonz View Post
Personally, there's 2 reasons I believe RHD is superior to LHD:

1. I'm right handed, and in spirited driving I would rather have my more coordinated right hand on the wheel, and my less coordinated left hand can deal with the much simpler gear shift

2. The money shift is an LHD concept only. It's impossible to do on a RHD unless you specifically try to do it.
Well. To hold the wheel while shifting seems simpler than to avoid money shift. My money shift (I noticed in time to prevent the "money" ) was due to failing to apply the side effort rather than pulling against pushing (the "tension" did it there) - that's LHD/RHD irrelevant, I believe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
This is in a two pedal car, wider spaced and more comfortable.

You are sitting in an uncomfortable position (don't squeeze your rick ), your left foot tends to slide off the pedal (you are violating the design - being too smart isn't too smart, after all ) and why does your floor mat not fit properly? You are lucky your gas pedal is floor mounted, it could get stuck behind otherwise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
left foot braking mode, oh boy! It QUICKENS your brake response time in an EMERGENCY situation if you can understand that.
To make a better driver you should make wise decisions about pedal priority: it's not about speed, it's about situation analysis. I mind most drivers behind don't match my M-Sport brakes and when a dog rushed under my car out of darkness/nowhere on a crosswalk it wasn't because I was going fast or had my foot on the gas (or didn't look: of course I did, just couldn't/failed to see it in time) that I hit it, it was just too close. The conclusion I made was being even more careful as a two legged dog/bitch would cause trouble , not reconsider my driving technique.

Last edited by No one; 10-02-2021 at 04:36 PM..
Appreciate 0