View Single Post
      12-07-2021, 06:51 AM   #1
Bimmer1029
Rep
Drives: BMW M3C SPY (G80)

Features missing from my "fully optioned" build.

I just picked up my fully-optioned 2022 M3C yesterday (was build week 39), and the car is amazing. I got SPY and the matching seats and it looks even better in person than I imagined.

However, there were several items missing from my build that were definitely disappointing as I literally checked every single box on the configurator hoping to have all options:

1.) No 360 Surround Camera: This one was REALLY disappointing. I had this feature on a previous G20 and I loved it (kept my rims rash free, and I also loved playing around with the remote 3D view). For such an amazing modern car to just have the shitty same PDC as a stock Honda Civic really bums me out and honestly is holding me back from fully enjoying this new car.

2.) No Self Parking: Since my 360 Surround Camera was missing, I didn't have this either, which also was tough. I also used this feature a ton in my G20 for parallel parking in the city.

3.) No Wireless Charging: I knew this was going to be missing so I wasn't too bummed. It was odd that there was still a phone symbol on the spot where wireless charging would be though.

4.) No Rear Heated Seats: This was odd… when I ordered my M3C back in August and swore I saw this option back then, and I did have this on my G20 which was nice. It's sad that this isn't on the G80 and I just have those blank placeholders buttons in the back that tell your passengers that you don't have all of the features.

5.) No Foot Activated Tailgate: Again, I had this on my G20 and really liked it for when my hands were full of groceries.

6.) No Rear Sunshades: Was on the G20, not on the new G80.

7.) Expired Sirius XM: The car showed the Sirius subscription as already expired when it should have been free for a year. I'm talking to my dealer about getting this remotely fixed.

Don't get me wrong folks, this is definitely one of the best cars I've ever had! However, it missing some of these features reminds me that it's not the exact perfect car that I was hoping for when placing my order.

Apparently the biggest miss around the Parking Assistance features is because BMW intentionally is hiding that package from the online configurator (apparently due to chip shortages?), and if you want that one, you need to just know to ask your dealer for it. This feels like a really shitty thing for the company to do, as it's probably going to result in many people being being disappointed on delivery.

I'm now currently exploring a 360 surround camera retrofit, which may not even be possible, and if it is, it will be insanely expensive: close
$10k retrofitted vs the $800 tag for the Parking Assistance Package.

Honestly, I may just talk to my dealer about getting another allocation with this option… the only problem being that the newer build weeks are missing even more features!
Appreciate 2
JosipZ42.00
G30 B581548.00