Thread: M3 winter tires
View Single Post
      11-03-2021, 04:02 PM   #316
thegrandfacade
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4 Comp RWD

I posted this in another thread, but figured I'd throw it here as well for more visibility (if the double post isn't allowed, apologies - please delete!)

I've been reading all the threads here about winter wheel/tire options, and I'm still a bit confused / undecided about which route to take.

I've got a 2022 G82 in BSM coming later this month, and as I'm based in NY/NJ, I definitely want a dedicated set of winter wheels/tires, and ideally I'd like to get the Michelins on a set of black wheels.

If I'm interpreting things correctly, it seems like my options are:

1) Use the stock black 826M wheels, wrap them in Michelins, and get either an additional set of black 826M's or other black wheels to wrap with the stock tires

2) Order the 829M wheel & tire package

I'm not so keen on the limited options that I'm seeing on Tire Rack, and my main hold up with the 829M package is that the wheels are a matte black and the car is BSM (can't tell if the contrast will look off or not).

Another thing I was considering, but unsure if this would be advisable due to fitment / driving experience, would be to order an additional set of black 826M wheels, and go 19" all around as winters and 20" all around as "all-seasons."

I realize that both the width & diameter of these wheels are staggered though, so I'm not sure if that would even work. The main benefit would be that for my RWD car, I could rotate both sets front/back to even out wear & extended the overall life of the sets.

Any opinions / thoughts / help would be very much appreciated!
Appreciate 0