Thread: Dinan X Midpipe
View Single Post
      04-04-2024, 12:42 PM   #10
turbojg
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 G82 M4 Comp. X-Drive

I would just like exhaust of my M4 to be somewhat louder. I actually started out thinking about going to an exhaust shop and having the resonators cut out and replaced with straight pipes but then I would loose the crossover effect of an X or H system.

I have read enough to be convinced that the single mid-pipe would give me the deeper sound which I desire and probably would pull the trigger on the MAD single pipe if it was available in stock as the price seems reasonable. However, I don't like pre-ordering anything as I've gotten burnt several times in the past with multiple delays. In addition, there is the smell risk which would be a deal breaker for me. Right now is my down time for driving the car and I don't like tearing the car apart during the little nice weather we get where I live.

As for the smell... I'm not talking about inside the car as unless the windows were down and the breeze just right I doubt it would get inside but standing behind or near it if it were running would be my main concern.

I felt that with the Dinan mid-pipe that if I wanted to later on I could experiment with adding the secondary cat replacement pipes for under $300 and if I didn't like the result I wouldn't loose the entire exhaust system as I could just put the secondary cats back on and still have the extra sound level increase of the dual resonator delete. As for an additional cut on the stock exhaust it would certainly make storage a lot easier so I don't mind.

My only concern right now with the Dinan mid-pipe is how it sounds and if it was raspy, had a drone or had excessive burbles. I want the character of the exhaust sound to match the rich character of the M car and not that of a teenager's (mother's) souped up 4 cylinder KIA.
Appreciate 0