Rep
Drives: 2023 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transfer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by PLF69 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanAutM3 View Post
If I were you, I'd just slap winter tires on the M2 and use it year round. The M2 you already own is the great all rounder you're looking for. I've been driving RWD ///M cars through all 4-seasons for the last 20-years without issue. I also had my 2 kids (now 7 and 10) owning 2-doors and it has never been a problem for me.
Appreciate your input, my original plan was to continue with M2 until end of summer and decide from there. I also ordered myself a full suspension e-bike to start traveling to my office and construction sites in the summer so using the M2 when a car is needed should be plenty.

This is all resting on the not so final decision that my wife gets rid of her 2000$ civic. She has no desire to drive a car except for a means to go from point A to B, whatever she has to go to work or do groceries she will do with it. Hence why she still has that old car. The Q5 TDI is perfectly fine for her when she needs a car.

I don't feel so good about the newborn traveling in a used up 2007 civic, although plenty of ppl do it, we are in a position were we can have better.

I hope the changes I make to the M2's suspension this winter make me love it because with the awfully roads around here I never really liked the way it rides straight from when I picked it up in the showroom.
So it sounds like you aren't very attached to the M2. Keep the Q5, sell the worth nothing civic, cancel the ebike (what is that like $5-10k?), sell the M2 and buy a G80 xDrive. It will certainly be a hoot on track.

There I solved all your woes.

Thanks that me me laugh hahaha !

Unfortunately the e bike is not a nessecity but more a way to get in better shape while making the daily commute more interesting. And it's in pre-release so it's only 2600$ but yeah normally the equivalent can creep to 5-7k.

But yeah I ain't much attached to the M2, I think between the time I baught it and now, the definition of my expectations from the cars I own have changed a bit. Past winter and even now I find myself more and more thinking about really wanting to drive the car, thinking often about it stored under a blanket serving no purpose. Its starting to unerve me in a deeper way.

Up until we get our hands on those G80's it's only speculations, A low option M3 6MT with buckets could be fun even though it's RWD only..
Daily/Family: 2021 Atlas Cross Sport 3.6
Appreciate 0