TheBingoBalls
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime503 View Post
I'm talking about placing a factory order for the exact same spec on the exact same day. Why is one dealer giving a huge discount relative to the other one? Why did one dealer have to "buy" that car from BMW for a promo? Why are there various ways dealerships can receive cars outside of their required order banks?

I'm sorry but you're just proving my point. The convoluted smoke and mirrors of middleman dealerships that compete against each other is the root of this problem. If dealerships were simply sales offices for the manufacturer who are required to sell each car at exactly the price you see on the manufacturer's website, all of this goes away.
You're looking at every car and dealership as the same and thinking that you are the only one not being privy to a deal that you think is a common occurrence. There is no smoke and mirrors. You just weren't shopping at the right time.

These promo vehicles for example aren't given because BMW favours the dealership. The dealership might be holding and paying for their own event for self-marketing and they need a car. BMW can't just give them a vehicle so they will sell that one vehicle to the dealer at a discount say 15%. If you happen to be there, you have every opportunity to buy that car. If not, you're like everyone else that is likely getting the standard 6% or 7% discount on their regular in-stock vehicles.
Appreciate 0