JCZ5
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 (G05)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBingoBalls View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCZ5 View Post
I hear what you're saying. But it's also very easy to email all the dealers asking them for the best possible discount and just chose the best one. And if one comes back $50 less, than why not jump on that one (as long as the distance to get the vehicle makes sense)
You are 100% correct. This would be ok IF that's where it ends. I'm not talking about you specifically but people who do this, do you think they stop there? Getting to that $50 difference was only part one to weed out most dealerships. Now it's how to get that $50 off in monthly payment to $75. $100. I'm sure this is the same in every state that has multiple BMW dealerships. The auto industry is a very small place in that everyone knows everyone. While multiple BMW dealerships compete against each other, you also have friends that work in those different dealerships that talk to each other.

As I said earlier, the problem isn't looking for a deal, but we've got to a point where you're cross shopping for dollars to pennies in monthly payments. That is what BMWCCA1 was referring to.
That's helpful. And yeah leasing is a black hole with some many avenues for negotiations. I'm not patient enough to take part in that and would rather buy and hold a car long-term. After all, love those classic BMWs with ownership stories on petrolicious