View Single Post
      04-10-2024, 01:12 PM   #1
rtaschengeld
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 Touring (G81)

Front radar stolen - any tips to avoid a repeat?

Hello all

Unfortunately the front radar on my M3 Touring (still running it in but enjoying it so far...) was stolen during the night while it was parked outside my home in London.

Obviously this is incredibly annoying and disappointing but I worry that if I even replace it, there's nothing to stop it happening again. It seems far too easy to remove this piece of equipment given how expensive it is to replace (I've been quoted £2,400 by BMW just for the two parts I require). The BMW dealer I corresponded with said as much but also said there was no way to make them more secure.

I've seen a few references to aftermarket solutions to making them harder to steal but wondered whether anyone had any experience of them.

I'm trying to look on the bright side. At least there was no damage to the car, unlike when the wheel was stolen on my X5 M50d and that required quite a bit of repair.

Many thanks in advance.

p.s. I'm calling it the 'radar' but it's the sensor which is used by the driving assistant plus, the semi-autonomous driving, active cruise control, etc. See photos...
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
yocubed1078.00
PVC166.50