Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 M4 Competition X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumpinjeep View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren720s View Post
What should be the weight limit for cars that are tracked? And how often should we track for a specific weight?

And Edmunds weighed the M4 Comp at 377x lbs.
As light as possible really. You'll be spending less on tires, brakes, a lighter car will run cooler (given two identical cars) so you can run longer, etc.
Ideally, if you're looking at a track car, 3K lbs. is a good figure in my book. Then again, I'm not like a wealthy guy that can throw money at a track car, that's like a whole other conversation.

I looked at the Edmunds website https://www.edmunds.com/bmw/m4/2021/features-specs/
and saw a weight of 3830 for a manual M4. I'm guessing in X-Drive Comp spec, its going to be a 4K lbs. car.
BMW doesn't make "track cars" and everyone has a different definition of what a "track car" is. The OP never said he's looking for a "track car".
And the idea that a car should be close to 3k lbs to be fast, fun and enjoyable is ridiculous at best. That would disqualify 99% of the cars that you can buy.
Because otherwise you'd spend more on consumables? Just track within your budged.