10-09-2022, 02:51 PM   #35
Teutonic
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by G22b58 View Post
This is just a guess, but a stronger charger might allow the car to get pass what ever it does while requiring the high current to get it to shut down and let the charger charge the battery. Notice the sudden change in both current and voltage at about 1 minute in my plot. After that the charger keeps the voltage at 14.1V and the current gradually decreases as expected (the battery was not discharged). The voltage when the current was high was not remarkably high so I beleave that the current was consumed by something else than the 12V battery. And yes CTEK specifies it for "12 V: WET, MF, Ca/Ca, AGM, EFB, GEL, LiFePO). The same for CTEK PRO25S which I assume should work for you.
Thank you for your reply.
Based on previous replies I also have the same presumtion in regards with bigger amps pushing through.
I probably need to buy a bigger charger, yet, again my X4 which is also MH takes the 5 or 10 Noco with no issues.
I am more interested in why does that and why BMW did not come up with an explanation as the chargers they are selling through BMW part Dpt are maximum 5 Amps, and obviously do not work.

I still want an official answer and charging steps.
Appreciate 0