Rep
Drives: M4Cx / X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by lch6257 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by robby818 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by npcars View Post
@robby818 Hey, I'm very curious as to why you mention "unless I buy a white car" with regard to ceramic coating? Can you elaborate on this? Looking into getting it done on my AW CS, so I'm doing research as best as I can. Thanks!
One of the nice things about white is that is all but impossible to see micro scratches and the extra gloss provided by ceramic coatings is not as noticeable. Ceramic coating does make it is a little easier to clean dirt off of the paint but if you just use a ceramic spray or wax when you dry, it should be enough to repel dirt. If I had an Alpine white X5, I would just get it polished every year and not spend 1200-1500 for a ceramic coating.
I got my alpine white G80 ceramic coated this week, three coats, wheels pulled, barrels coated, calipers, grills side skirts, cf roof, laserlight lenses, glass, the works. I have never done ceramic coat before on any car. I nearly choked on the $1,200 investment plus tip. However, it is a night and day difference especially down in the UV sunshine state tropics of south Florida. The car shines WAY more than delivery and although I haven't had it back but for a few hours to flip it to tint shop, I can say the coating is worth the $$$$ on an Alpine White no question.
I appreciate your first-hand account! Please share more pics if you have them!
I'm in Austin....the summers get pretty sunny here too 😂 🥵
Appreciate 0