View Single Post
      04-02-2021, 12:56 PM   #18
Nettles
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by robby818 View Post
One of the nice things about white is that is all but impossible to see micro scratches and the extra gloss provided by ceramic coatings is not as noticeable. Ceramic coating does make it is a little easier to clean dirt off of the paint but if you just use a ceramic spray or wax when you dry, it should be enough to repel dirt. If I had an Alpine white X5, I would just get it polished every year and not spend 1200-1500 for a ceramic coating.
You touch on an interesting topic with all types of sprays. I'm a huge advocate for sprays in general for ease of use and longevity. The hydrophobic properties won't match that of a coating, but given the delta in price it raises an eyebrow for sure.

I would recommend only doing a coating if it benefits YOU. Coatings make maintaining your car that much easier, but if you're not washing your car yourself then you're making your detailer's job easier. So you're paying them a fee to make their time/cost go down. Strange concept to me at least. A detailer's real value is still perfecting the paint. Outside of that it's a personal preference on how much money you want to spend.
Appreciate 1
npcars47.50