12-19-2019, 08:41 AM   #167
bmrm396
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3cs

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyrix1st View Post
If they put a proper, higher revving engine & DCT and all of the carbon fiber goodies that came with F8x I wouldn't complain. The front grill amplifies our anger on top of the lack of mechanical attention that previous cars had.

The car is supposed to go on sale next year yet there isn't a single mention of how the engine responds to different altitude and high lateral G corners, how the transmission reacts to user inputs. Or how the car will be totally different from the very disappointing X3M.

I don't give a shit about gesture control or massage seats in an M3.
Ya you know something makes me feel like bmw is gonna try and pull a fast one on this model, try and distract people w Ooohs and Aaaaahs, trying to pickup that new clientele base we figure is part of the redesign. I can't help but fear that they've lost the rawness and pureness that an M car used to have and now it's stuffed full of so much god damn worthless electronics ... I could go on but u get the point, this will def be a wait and see and most likely have an M3 CS on back up that I can jump to in a jiffy if this continues to go south.

I want more true driver car, less spaceship. Otherwise I'd just get a reg 5 series.