United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i

Garage List
2014 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Mthusiast View Post
Why would anyone buy an M4 over a C8?

Genuine question. It's not practicality cause let's be honest, if you really care about having more than one passenger you're not going to buy an M4.

Interior quality? I'll give you that one, but just by a hair. American car makers have made huge strides in interior fit and finish in the past few years, while BMW interiors look absolutely the same as they did 4 years ago.

Don't even get me started on the looks. I think in the past it was a toss up. I truly think F8x and E9x gen M cars looked amazing; understated but aggressive. If it's going to look anything like the G80 prototype, it's gonna be an absolute turd in the styling department. Plus, BMW is not filling me with confidence given their latest abomination that is the 2GC.

Obligatory picture because I love this thing. Good on Chevy for completely shaking up this market.

[IMG]https://st-automobilemag-com.cdn.amp...ound%7C660:371[/IMG]
- Manual transmission is the big one, IMO.

- Having the ability to transport 3 passengers at least occasionally is HUGE compared to never being able to transport more than 1.

- More cargo space.

- Better fit and finish.

- Simply better as a daily driver in terms of luxury (since let's be honest, most people buy M3/M4s as over-priced daily drivers).

- The C8 has a terrible cockpit design. Looks like it was designed by a child.

All that said, if I wanted an automatic car, I'd definitely get the C8Z LT3 over the M4. It's just too good of a driver's car and it's going to be FAST.
Appreciate 0