View Single Post
      10-21-2019, 04:05 PM   #131
Staszek
Schumacher
Rep
Drives: E30 325is,E93 M3,X7M50,F06 M6

Garage List
I have not driven the 3, I think looks are subjective, I don't think the 3 looks bad, I really like the way the S looks, I have driven the P100D extensively.

I really would like to see how the 3 holds up, the S runs out of steam pretty quick and its not just on the track, mulitple runs against the Taycan and it was falling severely behind in regular 1/4mile runs etc from heat soak.

I am going electric next for the DD, most likely Taycan but I would be open to others.

My biggest gripe with Tesla is the build quality, its just off. And even when its not the materials are just not good.

I haven't been in the 3, but the S just feels cheap in every aspect of the interior for the price they are asking. I can't imagine that the 3 is of better quality than the S is inside.

The door closes, the feel of the finishes all feel very Honda like to me (Civic) and at that price point it should be better.

Unless Tesla really gets their Ecosystem growing with Solar Roof Tiles, Home Batteries, Charging Stations etc I dont think they survive and will eventually get bought by someone who knows how to build a car.

They have a big lead due to being out first, but big guys are coming and they are putting a lot of money into EV. We will see where it goes.

I do think though the S and the 3 are great for competition and its making other companies finally wake up.