View Single Post
      07-18-2019, 04:25 PM   #78
SYT_Shadow
///M Powered for Life
Rep
Drives: E90M/E92M/M4GTS/M4GT4/X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
I declined the offer to drive a 981 Cayman GT4 ... while at a track weekend at Texas World Speedway - when it was made , in favor of keeping my 1M.

The Cayman is absolutely the purer track car , but I wasn't in the market for a 6 figure sports car. I'm not in the market for a used Porsche because i can't afford that either .. so .. I won't be " that guy " on here saying "sorry I'm leaving BMW and buying a Porsche ".

And interestingly , I've had some friends " go Porsche " that came back to the 1M.

So.. I'm just gonna sit here and hope that BMW can figure its way towards proving a car or three for enthusiasts that prefer a car with a wheelbase shorter than a 5 series.
I track a lot and have driven the GT4 on track. I prefer the M3. Besides more convenience and doing things like taking tires in the rear seats, the M3 is significantly more forgiving and easier to drive fast.

It's been years since the GT4 was announced and I'm still waiting to find a fast one at the track... any day now...

The GT4 may be very 'pure' but it is not very fast. I presume a pro driver like Randy would be much faster in a GT4 but we aren't pro drivers.
If a car is so hard to drive that the fastest run group at PCA still doesn't have a single fast GT4, what's the point?
Appreciate 2
Miko M6653.50