View Single Post
      07-18-2019, 12:25 PM   #71
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
Certainly there are tons of BMW sedans that have been raced around the world to date.

So only couples can be track cars?
You mean actual race cars? In the overwhelming majority of cases, race cars (at least those based upon a production car) have two doors. If you are thinking of a series like WTCC, I believe there are (or at least traditionally were) rules that dictate sedan or hatchback form factor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miko M View Post
Because i like the way it looks plus it's convenient for the kids
Sure, it looks great (well, the F80 does anyway, and I think the G80 will too), but there are many good looking cars with manual transmissions available today that would be perfect for the track.

You said a few days ago that you were buying an X6 M for the kids, right?

Quote:
Yes I am strongly considering this beauty
You should buy that car.

The mere fact that you are cross-shopping a GT4 and M3 suggests you wold benefit from a more careful analysis of what you are really trying to achieve.

If you created a poll and asked whether you should buy a 718 GT4 so you can go to the track later this year, or wait over a year for an M3 that might not have the manual transmission you want, the results will be overwhelming in favor of the Porsche.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
Speaking of TESLA.... I see that the Model 3 performance is starting to take top spots at autocross lots in America. Who would have ever thought to race a sedan ? CRAZY TALK RIGHT ? :
Except that there is no Model 3 coupe available, and in fact there is no affordable EV coupe available at all. So it's not a similar situation at all.

Let's not get too carried away and lose sight of the point. If someone handed you the keys to a 718 GT4 and M3 and told you had to choose one for the track, we know which it would be.
Appreciate 1
SYT_Shadow11421.00