06-28-2019, 05:15 AM   #57
kern417
Cheapskate
Rep
Drives: 2018 440i |2016 340i | 2010 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011zx10R View Post
Stop trying...

A friend of mine rented a Tahoe and called to tell me it gets great gas mileage. He said he did not have to fill as often as his Jetta.

I did not have the patience or energy to explain.

Victimless crime...
It is what it is.

I saw a video from Carfection i think, that was talking about how racing series used to sell cars, but now it's less about actual performance and more about perception. And i have first hand experienced customer feedback when working at an OEM that blew my mind.

One guy told us he didn't like that the engine bay looked complicated. He never planned on working on it, but he popped the hood and said it looked complicated and it made him feel like that meant it was unreliable.

Solution? We designed a bigger engine cover and OEMs know that's what sells cars. You have to look at it and like it what it is before you care about how it drives. That means space, features, and AWD ALL SEASON TIRES (majority people specifically look for that combo)
Youtube/Instagram/TikTok: @kern417
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan24829.00