View Single Post
      03-05-2019, 02:33 PM   #113
19x
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C

I have no problem with electric vehicles. In fact, I think they are the future. However, if everything was about straight line speed and acceleration, then we would all be driving Hellcats and not M3's.

So while EV's have their place, I personally don't like Tesla for two reasons:

1. The build quality is lacking. And that can mean many things for different people. If you're coming from a Mustang, this is probably something you wouldn't notice. And yes, I'm generalizing. But if you have a trained eye for this sort of thing, then you understand what I'm talking about. Panel gaps, bad paint jobs, cheap plasticky feel inside, atrocious "leather", etc. you can tell it was designed and manufactured by someone with Ford mentality.

2. It doesn't look good. I understand this is highly subjective, but just because it's an electric vehicle doesn't mean that it can't look as good or better than an M3, RS4, or CTS-V. To me, Teslas look cartoonish, especially the Model 3. I can't imagine going on a date and pulling up in a Model 3. Yuck. Every time I see the Model 3, I think of:

Appreciate 0