View Single Post
      02-24-2019, 03:19 PM   #85
Ras550
Private
Rep
Drives: Now:3P, Then:335xi,330ZHP,540i

Quote:
Originally Posted by G4BR13L View Post
Same for Porsche, the decision to own a Porsche should be about so much more. Also in the case of a Porsche you make a decision made from the heart. Those who can switch brands in a blink do not deserve the brand and what it stands for. If you want a Tesla go ahead but a true BMW lover will not be converted and if they do it is because they fall in love with what Tesla stands for, and there is nothing wrong with that but if they switch a year later to another brand because it drives a bit sportier I don’t understand it. It is like supporting a football team, you don’t switch teams just because your team lost a game. I am sure that the M3P is a much better daily driver like in my case I drive about 200 KM’s / day and I am stuck in traffic a lot. A M3P would be great in my situation.

It is possible that I end up ordering a M3P but most certainly not to replace my F82. In the weekends I would without doubt choose the M4 over the M3P.
I prefer to be loyal to people in my life than to corporations who make indescribable amounts of money from me.

I've been with BMW for 15 years now (still have a Mini in the family); there's just no sense in being loyal to a point where the brand lets you down and produces subpar vehicles. The brand took a turn for the worse 10 years ago when it decided to chase Mercedes for volume. F10, F30, F80 have been a big step down in driving experience from the prior generation, more hp notwithstanding.

Porsche at least has shown the will to rise to the challenge with the Taycan. Nothing from bmw.
Appreciate 0