View Single Post
      02-24-2019, 12:02 AM   #77
Ras550
Private
Rep
Drives: Now:3P, Then:335xi,330ZHP,540i

Quote:
Originally Posted by harperium View Post
let’s not forget that the model 3 had 3 years of pre-orders and hype. the real measure will be sustained sales a year from now. remember the days when people used to wait overnight in lines to buy new iphones?

the model 3 seems to be a genuinely good car from the reviews i’ve seen, but it’s a commuter. it’s not a road trip car or a winter car. i see porsches and the occasional m3 on my long road trips but never teslas. i dont really consider the teslas to be “real cars” as they are a niche product and not something generally useful.
Fact check for you - It has 310 miles of range. I took it on a 1500 mile road trip recently and was the best road trip car I’ve had. If you go on Tesla forums you will see there are people who have driven their S’s cross country many times. Some of them do 50k miles in a year and have cars with 250k+ miles. The battery and the motors still work well at very high mileage.

Also remember that model 3 has been destroying others in sales without offering leases in a market where leases outnumber outright sales. You can imagine what happens when they start leasing this year.
Appreciate 0