Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 6MT

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton250 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RgEstate View Post
I will be shocked if the M3 is stripped down of those features as one of their premium models... but your right, you never know in these unprecedented times... this really has me thinking about switching to carbon buckets... I don’t want to get stuck with regular seats no options 😒
Brother if you use this car more than once a week you are not going to want those carbon bucket seats. Trust me. Also if you are slightly overweight you’re not even going to want to use them once a week. I have a feeling that anyone that’s not using this car for only racing will regret getting carbon bucket seats. Eventually anyway. Although I imagine some will deny it.
My M3 won't be my daily, but I will be driving it at least a few times a week. I also want to track it at least a few times a year. I'm still taking the chance with the buckets, despite there being no examples whatsoever at any of the dealers in my area to try sitting in. My test drive had standard seats and there was nothing remarkable or distinguishable about them; I literally didn't think anything of them or about them the whole time I was driving. To me the buckets seem like they change the entire feel and vibe of the car, from just being in a luxurious sport sedan to a special experience in a high performance machine. Plus I'm 6'1" ~180lbs so I think/hope my body type will be fine. I'm seeing people in the seat threads buying them at 5'11" 250 and saying they're relatively comfortable… but I'm also seeing tiny people saying they hate them lol. I understand this is very much a gamble, but I want to err on the side of being special and just plain cool. Coming from a rock hard STI, honestly I think this M3 in any configuration will be way more comfy to me.
Appreciate 0