View Single Post
      09-17-2021, 05:20 PM   #29
Patton250
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW X3,M5,Turbo S

Quote:
Originally Posted by kDot17 View Post
I'm just letting you guys know exactly what Genius just told me. Not alleging any of these things myself.

Clearly they won't build a car without a sound system. I would think that as they are receiving a trickle supply of semiconductors, they are using them for the sound system rather than the other options listed because it is a 100% must-have component. As far as lumbar support adjustment or passenger seat extension adjustment go- those are far less necessary than a basic sound system. Tesla just this year stopped putting adjustable lumbar support in the Model 3 and Y because their fleet data indicated that a staggeringly high percentage of buyers never once touched it. Again, I'm not saying this is right or wrong of them to do. Just reporting.
There’s no way they’re going to release a premium car like the M3 without the fully adjustable seats including lumbar support. It’s just not going to happen. Maybe they would cut out the fans in the seats I don’t know. However I still would rather wait to get everything on it then have any of those things missing. We will be lucky if we get this these stupid things anyway. The shortages are going to get worse because we are feeling the pain from what governments did a year ago. Manufactures are falling even further behind all over the world due to the recent shut downs. I don’t see how they can ever catch up. Not for years anyway.
Appreciate 0