Rep
Drives: M240i

Garage List
2024 BMW X5 e50  [9.50]
2023 BMW M240i  [10.00]
Harmon Kardon badging

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKthePM View Post
I don't agree that the interior is better than F8x and as good as an M5 and yes, it's subjective. It does look modern but that does not always mean better as F8x is simple and classy .This is just my humble view and being very picky.

The G8x dashboard is very plain and has plastic subwoofer cover. In person, you can spot that cheap plastic straight away. In photos it does look great!
There is also no stitching on the dash, which reduces the leather feel until you touch it.
The F8x subwoofer cover is proper metal and the dual stitching lines really enhance the leather feel. It looks classic/ dated but it feels like better quality.

The G8x AC vents are the worst (well it's the same in most new generation BMWs). The middle vents looks different to the side ones and the plastic in these vents is so much flimsier and looks cheaper in comparison to the F8x. The air vent turning wheel is also different for the centre vents and the side vents. Why can't they look and feel the same?!?

The touch sensitive buttons for the drive modes, etc in the G8x could have been solid buttons like in the F8x. It just lacks that feel and response when you press them.

Digital dials vs Analogue dials. Won't say more on this topic.

And I sorely missed the good old handbrake.

Specially on the G82, the front door speakers have no HK badging. There is a placeholder for the badge but it's just plain. In the G80 it does have it. Silly.
I think you got it mixed up bro. Here in the USA, I think it's the other way around, the G82 (coupe) has the HK badge on versus the G80 (sedan) which does not.