04-16-2021, 06:20 PM   #56
PLF69
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasa.baska View Post
3 pages of gearbox debate

What about driving comparison - suspension, steering, brakes, grip, chasis balance?
Good point, I will give my 2cents, I test drove a M4C (8zf) with my girlfriend 7 months pregnant today.

Build was fully loaded with carbon seats minus full leather. Pirelli's

Power: It was very cold outside like 37f or 3c so poor traction and it was brand new so never went over 5500rpm. The power is great it's fits the car perfectly.

Chassis: Holy cow this thing is solid, I mean it feels like a tank, you really feel the chassis isn't doing any suspension work.

Suspension : Very bad roads around here so it feels stiff but not in a wrong way, it's stiff but not crashy like my M2 was or a F82 I test drove. You feel the road a lot but you don't get banged. Noticable difference between comfort and Sport Plus, This should be very fun on track !

Interior: Once you have some time in the G series getting back in a F series feels like going back in a E series when you own a F series. A lot of improvements. Very good noise insulation also.

Exterior: Much much better in person, the wheels are totally different from a picture.

Transmission: I think the ZF8 suits this car better than a DCT but I think the DCT fits the M2 better. The M/T just adds a another dimension of interaction, it's not better or worse, just different.

Overall: There is noticable différence in character between everything in comfort and Sport plus/track mode, With the available bucket seat I think they are going to sell a shit ton of those, I can't see anything better as dual purpose car. Not everyone will buy it for the same reasons than I will but to me it is THE thing with wich I can do everything I want to do, kind of like the perfect girlfriend that you want to marry haha

I was never really satisfied with my M2, the power was fine for me but I went trough 3 suspension setups to get it OK now, the DCT is great but I missed the connection of the M/T interaction and the involvement. I think I will be super happy this time.

I ordered a 6 Speed M3 Oxide Grey II with buckets on the spot and this time it's gonna be used and enjoyed all year round !
Daily/Family: 2021 Atlas Cross Sport 3.6
Appreciate 4
Transfer5254.00
CanuckM665.50
Scorp!on1511.50