View Single Post
      06-15-2021, 07:13 AM   #34
V-Eight
Captain
Rep
Drives: MY22 M3 G80 Comp.Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gfit View Post
2020 showed us that not only is life short but we never know what's around the corner. I believe in enjoying life now (responsibly). Just like with all consumer products there will be something "better" next year, phones, appliances, tvs, etc. Get what you enjoy and can afford now I say. If you wait for the LCI then the new model will be on the horizon so then why not wait for that. It's a never ending cycle to get us to keep buying.

Totally agree with you. I bought the M140i as soon as it came out, ordered in august '16, delivered at the end of november '16. Then few months later, the new interior and infortaiment upgrade went out (and by the way, mine had the idrive 5 upgrade too compared to the 4 mounted on the 35i)....so I've waited for the M140i instead of buying the M135 LCI, and then the result was having the same "issue".

So now I've ordered the very first M3 Mxdrive that has been ordered here in Italy, being aware of the fact that the LCI will come out next year, but...at the same time, I'll enjoy myself with maybe a new car with "only" a slightly different taillight compared to the "future" LCI model; taillight that are easaly replaced with the latest one if you want.

If you wait for the LCI, you'll have the problem that one year and a half later, there will be the major front refresh, so that....if people looks at these things, or they can spend a lot of money buying and selling rapidly their cars, or they won't even appreciate anything they were able to buy, just because the "wait" for the new one.

I know that my car will be new, freshly made and something that will be difficult to be seen on the road for the first period, in its "little" it'll be something special to drive around. I prefer to have something unpublished, rather than having something "refreshed" but "already seen".

And, if you wait for the LCI, maybe (I'm saying maybe) who know that it will loose its full ICE powertrain? And if they upgrade it to mild hybrid something? Would you loose to occasion to have the opportunity to own something that suits you NOW just because of a tailight or a wide screen due to arrive next year?

I agree with Gfit, buy what you can experience NOW, and don't care about LCI's, refreshes, restyling or stupid things like them. We have only one life, we often forget that the time wasted won't never be given back to us.

BMW G80 M3 Comp.xDrive 2022 + Jaguar F-Pace SVR v8 2022 + BMW F20 M140i RWD 2017
Appreciate 5
DoubleDave1176.50
Gfit2721.50
chicagofan0019173.00
02M3ForMe4264.50