View Single Post
      12-17-2021, 04:21 PM   #1
Mkmkmk_86
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 G82

Brand new M4 Paint defect story

Bought my 2022 M4 xDrive from Brian Jessel BMW on Nov 4.

Ordered in June, because they have a 2022 M4 xDrive that is on the production line already. After multiple delays, the car finally came in front me.

Sent the car to wrapping shop for PPF immediately after came out from the dealership, then wrapping shop found a dust point on the driver side fender. I'm really upset to see this on a car with over $110k price tag, there wasn't any paint defect on my $40k Toyota!

Contacted dealer and they said will do a warranty repaint for me, dropped my car to dealer this Monday, and yesterday they told me it is ready for pick up.

Was really excited to see my car in perfect shape, no color difference, so I just drove the car home. Called the wrapper get ready to finish the last panel. At night, my wife took a good looking on the car and found out the hood gap on the right fender is wider than the left side! They think this is good enough for a M4 that has less than 800km on the dash?!

Contact them again, the service advisor said the body shop refused my adjustment inquiry, and CLAIMED they didn't take off the fender. HOWEVER! I used myBMW app to took surrounding view pictures every day! And all the pictures show they did removed the fender for repaint!

Very disappointed with BJ BMW because I paid $2-3k for PDI and they couldn't notice this before delivery, and the body shop, based on my experiences with BJ BMW and the myBMW GPS location history, No 1 Collision is the body shop that done the body work on my car, AVOID them if possible! They did a great paint job, but nothing can save a dishonest business!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0