Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 G80 M3

Garage List
2021 BMW M3  [0.00]
2018 Porsche Macan  [0.00]
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
I mentioned this in another thread, and in addition to it already being discussed this seems much more relevant to have some control on the xdrive in 2wd mode, I view it this way:

Personally I'm looking forward to a bit more control over how much the car intervenes when I'm driving for "fun"

In previous M cars, it was either "everything off", "sorta on" and "no power for you". Depending on the roads and weather conditions this could be a good or bad thing. Take tail of the dragon for example; slow speeds tight corners, uphill hairpins, etc. Now imagine it's 50 degrees and raining and I'm on cup 2's. I couldn't really find a happy blend of intervention vs yaw control with the modes on my F87. I'm not drifting, I just want to be able to control where and how much the car is pointed with a little bit of throttle, and not have systems intervene too much if the car rotates. There were a few examples in the Smokey mountains that day where the intervention systems actually became a hinderance.

In the G80, I really like the idea of much more levels of control. My M traction mode at Autobahn is going to be different than my M traction mode at BIR. Same with the desired intervention on Tail in the rain vs Wisconsin back roads when it's 90 degrees out vs flat out in Nebrask — er, Mexico.

I could care less about the drift analyzer but this level of tweaking offered by 10 different levels, easily adjusted and even assigned to buttons on my steering wheel gets me very excited. I'm already spending over $80K on this car, what's an extra $900 at that point?

With all the tech on this car, it's a small price to have even something else to tinker with.
Appreciate 0