View Single Post
      06-16-2021, 11:00 AM   #19
Solarium
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirob View Post
If you're getting M xDrive and want to have any kind of TC in RWD mode, you need this package. RWD guys don't have this issue.
That's a good point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unfoundnemo View Post
Agree that M drive pro is only useful if you're going to take your car to the track on occasion. Aside from the 10 step traction control (i.e. even if you're not all that serious or don't want to mess with traction control at the track), it's nice to have your best in projected lap times in the HUD as you're trying to improve the craft.
I agree, I'll probably only use the M drive pro when I'm on a track. And as much as I want to be on a track, there's just none around where I am to go to. I still have not taken my F82 M4 around the track the last 5 years I've had it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3AWD View Post
Many responses are related to RWD cars but OP (& I) are trying to figure out if this is even more important to spec on an AWD car.

I expect to mostly drive my G80 M xDrive in 4WD or 4WD Sport (or whatever they call the rear-bias AWD mode). I may do an occasional track day but I'm not into autocross or drifts & donuts. I may switch to RWD when I want to let the tail loose and have some safe fun on a twisty road or if I'm doing a u-turn at that one traffic light close to our home in the middle of the night I can see how having variable traction control support in RWD mode can be beneficial, but I'm not sure I "need" it or even use it enough to actually learn the different settings
I'm expecting to drive my G80 xDrive mostly in AWD mode as well, even if I go on a track. I can imagine the only time I will drive in 2WD would be a time that I want DSC completely off, as I now occasionally turn off to do some power slides on the street. I would only use the M Drive pro in a specific occasion on the track to practice drifting, but I don't think I'm good enough of a driver to drift like the way they do on the youtube videos
Appreciate 1
M3AWD3183.00