Rep
Drives: 2020 M5 Competition

Garage List
2020 BMW M5C  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by solstice View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MistaVauros View Post
I respect your preference. However, I will not be going back to a manual at this point. My first E46 M3 ZCP was manual, and the second one was SMG. The last manual car I owned was a Nismo Z. After experiencing proper Dual Clutch transmissions in the E92 I had and the two GTRs I've owned, manuals are just a antiquated at this point.

I think people forget why manuals USED to be so highly coveted in motor sports/racing... it's because they were the fastest option available for lap times/auto-cross, circuit, etc, compared to traditional auto/torque converter trans. Guess what? Those days are long gone and now Dual Clutch and ZF autos are the fastest options available for the aforementioned activities. Do you give up a bit of engagement/work/effort... sure. The gain, however, more than makes up for what you lose in engagement/work. You get to extract every ounce of power and performance from a vehicle now because you get a super fast shifting transmissions that yields the same results, every time.

There's only two cars I'm interested in owning where my only choice is manual: GT350-R or R34 GTR. Aside from those, give me a dual clutch or ZF every time.
I think this comment need to go into another thread or this is going to be an endless philosophical MT vs Auto thread...I'm lucky enough to be able to enjoy both so I'm not trying to shutdown one or the other side but this thread is mainly about what car people who will not get a G8X are eyeing not a transmission discussion.
You're right. I digressed a bit, lol. I'll only consider the G8X M if the grille is not hideous. Performance is one thing, but if I can't get past the front grille then I'll consider alternatives from Porsche or MB.

"Dream as if you'll live forever, Live as if you'll die today" - J. Dean
Appreciate 0