View Single Post
      12-28-2019, 12:18 PM   #119
solstice
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbar View Post
Not true. There is no 4-seater Porsche that I'd want to drive on a daily basis, or take around a track. (Perhaps Taycan will change that)

Money isn't everything. When you only have parking space for one car, other factors are more important. M cars used to have a unique value proposition. Now you're often paying for a label that says "I bought the most expensive model".
Well stated.

As long as the M3/M4 is “appealing enough” Porsche is not an obvious step up when you have the coin.

The Panamera is huge and the Macan an SUV and none of them offer better driving dynamics. The 911 can only carry two and minimal luggage. It is also near twice as pricey and as with anything you buy there is a limit how much you spend to get the better product. Once you find what you like well enough you usually don’t pay twice, that’s just not good value. And owning one P-car already I can tell you it’s a frustrating experience every time you pay for anything from the initial negotiation to any spare parts and services. Everything is a rip-off vs. BMW and leave a bad taste. Wonderful cars but not an obvious choice over M cars.
Appreciate 1
BBoyM367.00