08-25-2010, 01:04 AM   #35
Wake27
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 330i ZPP ZSP

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90 87ss View Post
i'm with bobby light on this one... in response to the military badass comment one of my coaches was one of the guys that helped create the Marine Corps Martial Arts Program and we do plyometrics, circuit training, anaerobic and aerobic exercise, HIIT with tabata protocol and traditional weight lifting with explosive power in mind not slow weight lifting, and kettle bells. Crossfit will never create top level athletes alone simply because there is too little cardio. No doubt it gets you in shape and will help most athletes, but without other programs it as useless as doing pure cardio. Fitness in my opinion isn't just strength or power, but how long you can do it without breaking down. That said flexibility and breathing is just as important but many athletes neglect this aspect.
From that post I doubt you've ever even done actual CrossFit. There is no slow weight lifting. All the stuff you mentioned, Tabata, HIIT, its all in CrossFit. The cardio gets worked in when you lift that much that fast. Try it before posting some negative thing about it.
2006 JB 330i/ZPP/ZSP/I-Drive/Heated Seats/L7/Blacklines/19" Gunmetal V710's on Vredestein Ultrac Sessantas/BMS PBX/Red MFD Scoops/Matte black grilles/Matte black Amber Gone 2.0s/BSW center midrange speaker/35% tint/Black and white roundels
Appreciate 0