08-12-2009, 10:14 AM   #21
PNF
Colonel
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 15' YMB F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcstep View Post
Like any Ebay transaction, you need to really study the seller's feedback and, perhaps, even call to see if you can get a good vibe.

There was a supplier of trumpet mpcs, selling for about 10% of normal US retail. They were clearly ripoffs, but people were raving about them on one of the trumpet forums. They were so cheap that I ordered three, including two of the same model. None of them fit properly into the trumpet and the two that were supposed to be the same were not. They were basically worthless and I slammed them in a review. Would you believe, people came to their defense and still raved about theirs.

I've had many great experiences on Ebay, but it IS buyer beware and dealing with Asian and Indian based sellers, triple caution is advised.

Dave

Well noted and I do that on all my ebay transactions.

I guess people still have to defend that they are not fools buying those MPCs.

Still, even with reputable seller. (in this case, I bought from MaxSaver), how do you tell authenticity? Ripoffs are easy to spot, but what is hard to spot those items that still demand 70-80% of the MSRP and are seemingly good deals at valid discounts..

I actually have a 67mm B+W UV filter from Maxsaver, but the box is so ordinary and I see the B+W UV logo on the lens and all, but just cant really tell if what I have is authentic or not. Because it is a UV filter, it is hard, at least for me, to tell the difference.

Oh well, just a thought.

2008 E92 335i (sold)
Appreciate 0