View Single Post
      05-05-2024, 07:44 PM   #82
iLLGT2
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 X-Drive

Ive already posted my impressions as a multi GT Porsche owner and BMW M owner, so please forgive me for sounding like a broken record....

My 991.2 Manual GT3 with straight pipe is immensely more thrilling than my g80 M3 x drive in visceral feel, sound engine vibrations etc... the G80 feels and is more digital in engine feel/texture and thrill

Let me say this, however. In a gt3 you'd only out perform an M3 x drive on the track with r compounds... id lose my GT3 in the backroads so fast it wouldn't be believable, the G80 x drive performance is bonkers in the bends and has the speed to match the chassis. its brilliant

My GT3 has so much more mid corner push which is non existent in M3 for me, you'd have to work twice as hard in gt3 which is part of the thrill , yes, and this is my take.. I also have a 997 GT2 with motion control coilovers, monoballs, toe links etc.... and i still think the g80 x drive m is as impressive

Alot of other points not to get one, i guess valid however i dont weigh my purchasing based on other factors....

You really cant have one or the other and be satisfied without the other is my final verdict, unfortunately.

I just say all this so that M owners dont feel badly not having a GT car in the garage,... some owners think it alters your life but the reality is, it doesnt 95% or more of the time.

mthreesixty mentioned AMG GTR, my M3 reminds me front end turn in wise and grip exactly of my AMG GTR, which was an absolute MONSTER !!

Last point , the GT3 is a special experience... pure connection and sports car however coming from a diff era of owning Porsches back 20 years ago now, its not a 250-300k experience, sorry. But then my brain plays tricks and I get out of a mclaren 720 and back into gt3 and say, ahh, this is what driving and connection is all about... and im saying that over a 350k plus car? so maybe it is lol... thanks for entertaining my crazy thoughts

If anyone is in the market for a gt3 and having serious thoughts but cant find one, ill have all my cars back on Long Island this summer and have no problem meeting up with fellow enthusiasts to show you what its all about

Last edited by iLLGT2; 05-05-2024 at 08:07 PM..
Appreciate 7
F82G82AND149.50
Needsdecaf6945.00
gnx759.50
Humdizzle6139.50