View Single Post
      04-30-2024, 04:10 AM   #38
m4ml
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4CX BSM (Xpel Stealth)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3CeeSaw View Post
Awesome thanks for the feedback ! Sounds like it served its purpose in solidifying the rear end. I feel the same “float” in the rear when pushing the car hard. The NVH is the only thing holding me back. I wonder if just doing the toe arms will mitigate some of that NVH and provide most of the rigidity. Is it “necessary” to do both?
It's hard to say. If by "both" you mean toe links and trailing arms, then of the two it's likely that the toe links would contribute less NVH during normal driving and it *should* help at least a little with the floating sensation. Most pot holes, bumps, reflectors in the road, road imperfections, etc., (the causes of NVH) under straight line driving would transmit through the toe links the least out of all of the components I suspect.

Personally, I'd have a hard time convincing myself to only do the toe links though, without also at least doing the trailing arms. And TBH, if you're not tracking it, I'd be hard pressed to recommend either, unless you're like me and you don't care about NVH.

Or if you're trying to do an aggressive alignment that exceeds the range of the rear adjustment, then (as recommended to my by Tom at EAS) start with just the upper control (camber) arms.

Note: I didn't listen to Tom, I did all three (but only because I knew I was going to be tracking it quite often and, as I've said many times, I don't care about NVH)
Appreciate 1