View Single Post
      04-22-2024, 07:53 PM   #19
supershaft
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 992 GT3, Cayenne Turbo

I'm a long time BMW fanboy. Still am. I bought nothing but BMW for 21 years. Their quality has gone downhill but that's besides the point. They don't make the car I want. They can make all the M3s they want but until they make a rear/mid engine sports car there's more to experience with other brands.

Life is too short to settle and pretend the 911 doesn't exist. Doesn't matter if you don't track the car you can still carve up some sick roads in either car to have fun.

I went from 2 straight generations of M5s to a RS7 which the RS7 quite frankly sucked then back to another F90 M5. For my 40th birthday I went out and bought a base 992 carrera and I'd be lying if I said the M5 didn't sit for weeks in my garage. In fact the TLDR is that you don't need a Porsche GT car to "step up" when a base carrera was some of the most fun I ever had because you could wind it out and still be kinda legal.

Full disclosure: I do own a 992 GT3 now but I went from the base 992 to a tuned 4S 992 that was putting down about 550HP to my now GT3 because that noisemaker in the back goes to 9000rpm and we don't have many of those types of things these days.

Don't get me wrong the M3 is a great value and to be fair I much prefer the M2 these days because good and fun driving dynamics is so much more valuable than simply going fast.

And finally let's be honest. If you don't have to choose most if not all would have a 911/Cayman in their garage next to their BMW.
Appreciate 2