View Single Post
      04-20-2024, 06:48 AM   #16
vbb
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4 manual

I bet it was exciting to get that call... and like you, the GT3 is probably my "realistic" dream car. Two things would have me pass though, in this order:

1. That $60K ADM. I'm very much opposed to this. I know it is, and has been part of the car market for years, but it just irritates me so much. I'm not willing to pay a markup even if the market has spoken. I'm also a watch guy, and I was able to get a "grail" Rolex from my AD earlier this year. That said, I paid MSRP and not a dollar more. I didn't buy it as an investment, or to flip (I wear it nearly every day), but it is kinda nice knowing that even if the market tanks, I'll probably be able to sell it one day for what I paid, or more.

2. The fact that you're financing a large portion of the deal and interest rates are going to be ~7%. Let's just say the OTD price is $300K and you choose to finance $250K for 60 months. Your monthly payment will be nearly $5K, and you'll end up paying a total of $370K for that car all in. The GT3 is an amazing machine... but what?!? That seems a bit crazy.

I'm a car guy to the core, having owned many different vehicles over the years. I place a value on driving what I like and have tuned out a lot of people that say I've made a bad financial decision because they just don't "get" how the joy that cars bring is worth it to me. But there's a limit to this. I agree with the comment above that said GT3s have become a product for the ultra-rich, not just the wealthy. Like you, I'm at a point where I could buy a GT3 rather than just dream about buying one. But the numbers no longer make sense, even to a car guy like me.

But if you do buy it, post pics!
bri10426119.50
LuckyBrand1448.50
KevinGS3383.00
chicagofan0019307.50
Aalfred2661.00