View Single Post
      04-16-2024, 06:54 AM   #49
Ilyam5
Major
Rep
Drives: 06 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFW_M View Post
the cabin space is about the same. The build quality is in favor of the Macan -- zero buzzes or creaks. The ride quality is so much better in the Macan, and even on 21" wheels (air suspension is great; that was my wife's first comment). Handling is very much on par with the G80. The steering feel and feedback of the Macan is better than the G80. The engine sound cannot compare. It is as fast as the 6MT G80, sub 4s 0-60 and 12s 1/4 mile. It is 4" shorter than the G80.
For me, the above things + easiness of getting in and out (hips and lower back issues) were an easy decision...
I would totally disagree with you here. No matter how many times i try to like macan. I can not find a single thing i like about it. I think this video says it best - it is good at nothing and is the most domesticated porshe in the line up.
I have m4 x and x3m and was looking for direct comparison videos

There are very few direct comparisons of macan gts and x3m especially on the track but after owning x3m for 1.5 years i can definately say it outperforms gts on the road circuit. Everything is better - acceleration, braking, cornering, mid corner balance, corner exit. X3m is definatly faster around the track. In the below video it beat gts by 7 seconds on 2 min track
Appreciate 0