View Single Post
      04-11-2024, 12:42 PM   #780
KevinGS
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Past 2015 M4, Current 2013 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmerfun82 View Post
I think full sides and full front is enough for PPF. Roof and trunk/back is overkill.

I actually only went part way on the sides and rear fenders. But made the mistake of having them remove dealer-installed on front of rear fender (side impact area) and they didn’t go up far enough with their install. It’s pretty bad from one trip up a snow lined salted road and some gravel too. I’ll have the panel sanded and repainted at some point
I have some on my roof, happy I did. I got a few nicks on the roof in the PPF. Rear? Only the trunk area is needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaceBiter View Post
My last car I only did the front, but the sides of my car were still in perfect shape. It was garaged, at least for the first few years of ownership. Two reasons I opted for the whole car this time are that it will be outside all of the time and, with the dark shades of TB, swirl marks would drive me nuts. Between the PPF and the ceramic, the exterior should be much easier to maintain.
For me, the garage doesn't matter. It's the rocks that kick up from your tires and others that hit the doors...and the rear quarter panels get sandblasted with rocks, and some land on the top of the quarter panel. If you drive enough, especially with others in a spirited fashion, these random nicks along the sides are unavoidable. So next time, whole car PPF makes more sense to me than from PPF + professional ceramic.
Appreciate 0