LuvMyE92
Occasionally frequent poster
Rep
Drives: CT5V-Blackwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by FISH22 View Post
Absolutely.

I have car ADHD.

The 5BW is exciting and moving in any form, and I think that is primarily due to the immediate torque, exhaust note, and the crisp shifting of the TR6060 transmission (one of the best from Tremec). It always makes you feel giddy inside.
So, I'm not the OP (obviously) but I bought a CT5-V BW last year largely based on feedback from owners including Mr. Fish. It is an expensive car, difficult to obtain, and gets lousy fuel economy.

Last week the wife asked me if I still liked it. Like @Fish, I have car ADHD and after a few months, I get the itch again. I have been applying Blackwing anti-itch medication and it has solved the issue. This car is exactly what I've always wanted - tremendous power, sharp handling, comfortable ride (you would be amazed at the suspension on this thing) and a manual transmission. The only shortcoming, honestly, is that there is a lot of road noise. My answer to her was yes, I still love it.

OK, the other shortcoming is that you have to go to a Cadillac dealer for warranty service. Which fortunately, knock on wood, I've not yet needed to do, and hopefully never will. We get spoiled by BMW.
Past: E24,E28(3),E34,E36,E37,E38(2),E39(4),E46,E89,E92 (obviously),F01,F06,F10,F30,F87,G12,G30(2),G82(2)
Appreciate 2