View Single Post
      04-03-2024, 07:16 PM   #92
chsbmw
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 335is coupe

Hey OP, still feeling the same way about the 5BW? I’m in a C63S sedan now looking to get back into a manual transmission sports sedan and trying to decide between the G80 and 5BW thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FISH22 View Post
Agree with most of this. And that’s actually a piece I love about GM and their performance line; the money I’m spending on this platform is purely for the R&D, poweplant, and engineering… in the parts that matter. My G8x ownership was enjoyable, but the pieces that annoyed me were the gimicky “make you feel good about your purchase stuff”. Compared to my E90 M3, the G80 was littered with superficial marketing trinkets that added zero value to the “driving” experience. Reason why I grew tired of the car quickly, masking that with $25k+ in aftermarket parts.

The 5BW on the other hand, is not trying to be anything it’s not. GM says: here’s an outstanding chassis, we stuffed a ridiculously good motor in it, kept it RWD, gave it six speeds. YOLO.

That’s the point here and why it feels so unbelievably special every single day. It’s an extremely raw machine, no gimicky marketing crap. As for being a driver oriented car, they nailed this part. Interior is minimalist and focused.
Appreciate 0