View Single Post
      04-01-2024, 07:42 AM   #38
HeelToeShift
Major
Rep
Drives: Mine

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFW_M View Post
I just got me the GTS after 22 years of BMWs…
You can feel the weight of the Macan vs G80 but that makes you push the gas pedal more and the sound of the 2.9 V6 is amazing, i like it better than the S58 sound in the G80. In Sport and S+ modes, the response of the engine is better than the G80 that i always drove in the Sport mode. The steering is also excellent.
A LOT of fun and after 35 years of (pretty much) exclusive 6MT, i am enjoying the PDK in the Macan.

I liked the Macan over any other SUV for a few reasons:
1) it is small (considerably shorter than the G80)
2) it sits at perfect height (not too high and not too low, the G80 was too low for my lower back and hips)
3) the V6 in a small size SUV

The seats are much more comfortable than very good standard seats in the G80 and very supportive. The seat cooling is much better than that BMW thing. Tech in the G80 is more advanced than the Macan but i am still learning this one.
The room inside is about the same I’d say. Front is roomy and well used. Rear is ok for two adults, though sloping of the roof line probably makes it cramped for those over 6’2”. The trunk space is more usable than the G80 trunk that is excellent size.
Congrats!

The V6 sounds pretty good in the Macans, but I think since the switch to the 2.9 it's a bit too buzzy but don't agree on the throttle and steering when each are at the sportiest - still that that and generally the S58 is a better motor than anything Porsche is making sans the GT car engines.
The Macan is 2.5 inches shorted in length so if anything the G80 would be larger which is why I so feel the cabin is bigger than the Macan whereas the trunk size was a priority for Porsche. The PDK is quite good, but it is an Audi gearbox and not of the same caliber of what they use in the 911/718s.
If you have the 18/8 ways seats (had those in my GTS) they are incredibly comfortable seats. The tech is pretty lackluster and can be very glitchy (know many people who's PCM have just shut down while driving the car) and general cabin has across their lineup as well as the bumpers have taken a turn for the use of lots of black plastics, which I dont like, especially when on the outside they arent painting them.
Appreciate 1
Needsdecaf6942.00