03-26-2024, 06:07 PM   #45
CMW33
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 G80 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackOnBlack View Post
Absolutely right!

Cup2s are definitely on my list; however, several Porsche guys were not very complimentary of them, they seem to prefer RE71RS or Advan 0052 type tires. Talking to the BMW guys, they recommended GoodYear Super something 3, which I will check out as well. I walked around the paddock checking tires of various cars, besides many slick tires, preferences varied a lot, I did not see a lot consistency. I think that is a good thing, there must be many choices out there. I am also wondering about the Nankang CRS tires. Next event will be with the BMW club, I'll talk with that group as well.
RE: the goodyear tire: they are talking about Goodyear Supercar 3 or possibly the Supercar 3R. I think both come in something like 285/35/19 and 285/30/20. I may be wrong on sizing but I think they have sizes you can make work on stock wheels.

The Cup2s are fine in the rain if: you drive conservatively, you are avoiding standing water, and they aren't severely worn. But as a consumable, they get expensive fast compared to something like the A052 or RE71RS. I speak from personal experience. I cannot speak to the Cup2R though.
Appreciate 1