BackOnBlack
Learning to drive again
Rep
Drives: M3CS

Garage List
2024 BMW M3 CS  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JIO View Post
Thanks for sharing. Nice job on the apexes! Know the track, hit the apexes, and the speed will come. It’s always a great day at the track when you can drive home at the end. I always remember what my instructor told me years ago: “No matter how much you love your car, your car doesn’t care if you live or die”. “And always leave your ego at home because no matter how fast your car is, someone will always be faster”.
I could not said it better myself. Going back home after such an event felt absolutely great.

Quote:
I always run track days with the Pilot Sport Cup tires. Run them at about 24 psi cold and they are amazing. Just be careful when they are cold…lots of understeer. 24 psi were perfect for me on my E92 M3.
Yes, I need to think of different tires for sure. The PS4S do not show any wear frankly at this time, with such high pressures, they were not rolling over to their shoulders. I might just go through this season with them, and get new tires for 2025. I asked around the paddock about the tires people tend to use and like, and almost everyone gave me different answers. Many of them were running RE71RS, Hoosier R7s, AD0052s, etc. I'll be heading over to Tyre Reviews

Quote:
Thanks again for the post. You did great!
Thank you very much, I appreciate it greatly.