View Single Post
      03-22-2024, 03:04 PM   #5
SwankPeRFection
Major
Rep
Drives: S4

Umm, yeah. Lol

The ECU will run less timing and possibly even slightly less boost, if necessary to keep things in check. That’s going to happen on a stock tune as well. It’s how things naturally work. Peak performance will only be realized if running good premium fuel, otherwise something has to be sacrificed so as not to damage the engine. Do remember that while octane is the important numerical value, QUALITY of said fuel is just as important. The same octane rating as some bullshit station may not be the same as another.

Don’t misunderstand, I’m not trying to scare you or discourage you from buying what you want, but if you’re going to buy a performance car (no matter what it is) and then put shit gas in it because it’s cheaper to do so, then I kinda feel bad for that car. Same rule for oil and oil change intervals. But ultimately don’t sweat it too much. Just buy gas from well known sources and I’m sure you’ll be OK, albeit a bit slower than peak performance out of the engine/tune you’re running, stock or otherwise.
Appreciate 0