View Single Post
      03-18-2024, 01:43 PM   #6
SwankPeRFection
Major
Rep
Drives: S4

Quote:
Originally Posted by josephx66 View Post
Appreciate the insight. I guess I won’t be lowering it then. Yeah, would love to get rid of the gap, but just won’t let myself lower it this time around.
Just an additional FYI since you’re not going to lower it. If you go 20” and drop the tire sidewall profile (essentially what’s called a +1 setup) the gap to sidewall ratio will change a little. Sometimes, depending on how big that gap is, this change can exacerbate the gap even more because now your eyes will see less sidewall than gap and it just doesn’t look right. Wheel design will also play a roll on how this looks, so be aware of that if you were going aftermarket or just stock back wheels up front. Before you spend the money on 20’s up front, test fit one of your back wheels up front to get a rough idea of what I’m taking about. Example, grab the back right wheel and put it on the left front and then settle the car down with the ebrake On and see if you like the look. If it’s not to your liking, at least then you won’t be out money and have any regret.
Appreciate 2