View Single Post
      03-12-2024, 11:34 PM   #847
fdog805
Rep
Drives: 2023 iX 50i, 2024 M4 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTO24 View Post
So they supply with the lip new metal clips that they say are to replace the plastic clips in the plastic covers underneath the car (if you watch the install video on youtube you'll see what I mean). Well I did that but the screws they supplied wouldn't thread into those clips as the holes in the new clips were too large. I contacted EAS and they said we are to use the existing plastic clips and sure enough the screws fit properly in those. So while their instructions tell you to remove all those plastic covers underneath the car to swap clips, you really only have to remove the current bolts in the locations where the lip will go and that's it... no need to remove any covers at all. There are a lot of bolts holding the covers on so it was a bit time consuming to do that; especially since I did the install in the garage with the car on the ground.

I also didn't have the rubber skirting they say needs to be cut off the one cover... I wonder if I don't have it because mine is a manual? Or if the 22s are different from the 21s? Not sure but that is another step that wasn't necessary for me.
Cool thanks for sharing that’s good to know.
Appreciate 1
JTO245282.00