View Single Post
      03-08-2024, 12:14 PM   #24
Matt417
United_States
Rep
Drives: g80 M3 comp

I have found that Pulling the connector does stop sound from happening, but won’t solve it . It seems the calipers and pistons in rear are all good . It’s the e brake motor that’s the problem, it’s over twisting itself and causing the piston to squeeze harder then it should (I think)
But this won’t solve the issue, the actuator needs to be adjusted somehow to push/twist less. This only happens when applying the brake, then after a couple seconds the actuator/autohold/hill assist or something kicks in a little more, or when auto-hold is on or if your just sitting in D holding the brake pedal. That’s the creaking sound.
I have no idea if an electrical actuator can be adjusted because other then that everything else is functioning fine

I’m considering manually twisting the piston back a little bit, like when someone replaces the rear pads is required to, to reset it to have less pressure for the autohold. But I doubt that’ll do it the actuator will probably just move more
Or another option to pull the fuse temporarily for the auto hold, but I have no idea where that fuse is. It’s not the parking brake one, should be separate I assume in the trunk fuse box but there’s no diagram for that one
Appreciate 0