View Single Post
      03-07-2024, 01:13 PM   #5
KevinGS
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Past 2015 M4, Current 2013 M3

Thank you for sharing. I wish the Awron controller tickled ME in all the right places, but not quite yet. With you being such a big fan, maybe you can push me over the edge.

You said that these are the factors that qualified the Awron as the best option:
- No separate remote
For some of the others, you can control the valve through the Garage Door overhead buttons, so no remote needed.

- Not have to use my phone to control the valve
Yes, I wouldn't like this either
- Integrate with the OEM Sound Control system (M1/M2 Setting and Exhaust Button)
So for a non-Awron controller, if you hit the exhaust button, does the valve only open part way (the standard M setting - like 80% open), and then I'd have to hit the garage door button to open it all the way to 100%? So a two-step process?
- Minimize the length and quantity of wires that need to be run
Yes, but merely a nice-to-have.
- Integrate with the factory wiring as seamlessly as possible
Yes, another nice-to-have.
- Have the ability to tune the valve opening to my preferences
I either want it fully open, or fully closed...there's no need for partial settings, right? So what's the benefit of this?
- Basically, have it be as if this was an option BMW offered from the factory
Yes, a nice-to-have, but again, all most of us need is a way to open it to 100% seamlessly, and preferably without the need for the remote or the phone

Stealth mode
Couldn't you just hit the exhaust button and it would close the valve and go into "quiet mode"? Basically, isn't the exhaust button on the console still an equivalent Stealth Mode? That's how I use it now anyway.

I'm missing some of the inherent benefits of the Awron controller that matter, since it costs more and takes a bit more time to install. Yes, it may be a "cleaner" install, but only and your mechanic are going to see that.
Appreciate 0